Monday, October 11, 2010

James 2:14-17

James 2:14-17

14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

My Thoughts:

- He is asking the question is it enough just to believe in God?  Or do yo have to do something?

- Faith without action is dead.. 
- It is like seeing a bully walking toward a nerd at school.  You say to that kid - "hey hope you don't get beat up by this bully and walk away.."

Your Thoughts:

1. Can you have faith and no action? Why?
2. Can you have action and no faith? Why?
3. Faith without action is dead - what does this mean to you?

1 comment:

  1. 1. no because if you have faith and no action, you're not showing your faith.
    2.yes, but it is very difficult. like, if I'm in a fight and I have no faith, who's going to win? well, not me!
    3 faith without action is dead means to me that you have hope, but you're not doing anything about it, like the example you showed us.

    ReplyDelete