Friday, October 1, 2010

HAPPY FRIDAY

James 1:22-25

22Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

My Thoughts:

- We can see there is a tension between knowing the right thing to do or knowing what we are supposed to do and actually doing it.
- One of the phrases that really stands out to me is "perfect law that gives freedom" when I think of Laws and rules I don't think of freedom I think about the opposite - slavery.. How can the law or what the Bible tells us to do give us freedom?

Let me Hear your Thoughts:

1. Is knowing the right thing to do enough?
2. How can the laws or guidelines that we read in the Bible give us freedom?
3. It says that if we do what the Bible says - not just listen to the word but actually do something about it we will be "blessed in what we do" WHat does that mean?

Write me - tell me what you think

bjacobson2@gmail.com

Have a great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment